Little Chishall, Essex
Chishall, Little, a parish in Essex, on the verge of the county, 5 ½ miles SE by S of Royston station on the G.N.R., and 8 W of Saffron-Walden. Post town, Royston; money order office, Heydon; telegraph office, Barkway. Acreage, 1216; population, 140. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans, annexed to Heydon; joint net yearly value, £281 with residence. The church is a small building of flint in the Early English style. There is a large chapel, used by Congregationalists and other denominations.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Chishall St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Royston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Chishall from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: