Little Burstead, Essex
Burstead, Little, a parish in Essex, 1 ½ mile SSW of Billericay, and 6 miles E by S of Brentwood station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Brentwood; money order and telegraph office, Billericay. Acreage, 1839; population of the civil parish, 239; of the ecclesiastical, 352. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value, £315 with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of St Albans. There is a good church, and some useful charities.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Burstead St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Burstead from the following:
Online maps of Little Burstead are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: