Little Bromley, Essex
Bromley, Little, a parish in Essex, 2 ½ miles SE of Ardleigh station on the G.E.R., and 6 E by N of Colchester. It has a post office under Manningtree, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1844; population, 341. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £373 with residence. Patron, Wadham College, Oxford. The church is an ancient building of pudding-stone, consisting of chancel, nave, and an embattled western tower. There is also a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Bromley St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Tendring|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Bromley from the following:
Online maps of Little Bromley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: