Leaden Roothing or Leaden Roding, Essex
Leaden Roothing or Leaden Roding, a small agricultural parish in Essex. It is about 7 miles NE from Ongar station on the G.E.R., and 7 SW from Dnnmow, and has a post office under Dunmow; money order office, White Roding; telegraph office, Matching Green. Acreage, 914; population, 190. The living is a rectory in the diocese of StAlbans; net value, £149. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, restored in 1866, is a small building of rubble in the Norman style. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Dunmow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Leaden Roothing or Leaden Roding from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: