Inworth, a village and a parish in Essex. The village stands on a rising ground, 1 ½ mile SE of Kelvedon station on the G.E.R., and 5 miles NE from Witham. The parish comprises 1688 acres; population, 594. Post town, Kelvedon; money order andtelegraph office, Tiptree Heath. The manor belongs to the Calvert family. Inworth Hall is now merely a modern farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £307 with residence. The church was restored and the tower rebuilt in 1876, and contains remains of a Roman tessellated pavement and a piscina. Brickmaking is carried on.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Inworth All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Witham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Inworth from the following:
Online maps of Inworth are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: