Greenstead Green, Essex
Greenstead Green, a chapelry in Halstead parish, Essex, 2 miles S from Halstead town and railway station. It was constituted in 1845, and has a post office under Halstead; money order and telegraph omce, Halstead. Population, 550. Greenstead Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross value,, £183 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church was built in 1845, and has a tower and spire.
Online maps of Greenstead Green are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: