Green Street, Essex
Green Street, a hamlet in East Ham parish, Essex, half a mile W of East Ham village. An old house here, said to have been a residence of Anne Boleyn, has been incorporated with a Roman Catholic reformatory, which was established in 1869. It is managed by the Brothers of Mercy, and has accommodation for 200 boys.
Online maps of Green Street are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: