Great Broxted, Essex
Broxted or Great Broxted, a parish in Essex, on the river Chelmer, 4 miles E of Elsenham station on the G.E.R., and 5 NW of Dunmow, under which it has a post and money order office; telegraph office, Elsenham. Acreage, 3178; population, 588. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £320 with residence. The church, an ancient edifice of stone in the Early English style, was restored in 1876. There is also a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Broxted St. Mary|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Great Broxted from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: