Frinton on Sea, Essex
Frinton-on-Sea, a parish in Essex, on the coast, 4-miles SW of the Naze, with a station on the G.E.R., and 1 ¼mile SW from Walton-on-the-Naze steamboat pier and station. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Colchester. Acreage, 418; population of the civil parish, 75 ; of the ecclesiastical, 87. The land in this parish is now held by a building company, and is being laid out with the view of converting it into a marine resort. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £138. The church, a building of rubble, was restored and enlarged in 1879, and again enlarged in 1894.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tendring|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Frinton on Sea from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: