Cornish Hall End, Essex
Cornish-Hall-End, an ecclesiastical parish in Finchingfield, Ridgewell, and Birdbrook parishes, Essex, 4 miles from Birdbrook station on the G.E.R., and 10 ESE of Saffron-Walden. It was constituted in 1842, and has a post office under Braintree; money order and telegraph office, Finching-field. Population, 420. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans ; net yearly value, £212 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church is an ivy-covered building of red brick.
Online maps of Cornish Hall End are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: