Cold Norton, Essex
Cold-Norton, a village and a parish in Essex, with a station on the G.E.R., 4 miles S of Maldon. Post town, Maldon; money order office, Stow Maries; telegraph office, Latchingdon. Acreage, 1692 ; population, 183. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value, £210 with residence. Patron, the Charterhouse, London. The church was built in 1855, and is a building of stone in the Decorated style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Cold Norton St. Stephen|
|Poor Law union||Maldon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cold Norton from the following:
Online maps of Cold Norton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: