Childerditch a parish in Essex, 1 ¼ mile from East Horn-don station on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway, 3 miles S by E of Brentwood, and 6 SW of Billericay. Post town, Brentwood; money order and telegraph office, Warley Common. Acreage, 1635; population, 198. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; yearly value, £120 with residence. Patron, Lord Petre. The church, a building of Kentish rag in the Early English style, was erected in 1869.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Childerditch All Saints and St. Faith|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Childerditch from the following:
Online maps of Childerditch are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: