Chigwell Row, Essex
Chigwell Row, an ecclesiastical parish in the civil parish of Chigwell, Essex, formed in 1867, is about 2 miles E from Chigwell, and 4 E from Woodford station on the G.E.R. It was formerly a part of the Great Hainault Forest. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Chigwell Road. Population, 803. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value, £198 with residence. Patrons, the Crown and the Bishop of St Albans alternately. All Saints Church is a modern building of stone, consecrated in 1867. There is also a Congregational chapel. The parish is noted for the salubrity of its climate, and its extensive panoramic view across the Thames into Kent.
Online maps of Chigwell Row are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: