Bulvan or Bulfan, Essex
Bulvan or Bulfan (the Bull-Fen), a parish in Essex, 2 miles W from East Hornden station on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway, 5 NW of Stanford-le-Hope, and 6 ½ SSE of Brentwood. Post town, Romford, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage of the parish, 1713; population, 294. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £260 with residence. The church is a small building of stone dating from the 14th century.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bulphan St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Orsett|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bulvan or Bulfan from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: