Brook Street, Essex
Brook-Street, a hamlet in South Weald parish, Essex, on Watling Street and the Ingerburn river, near the G.E.R., 1 ½ mile WSW of Brentwood. A leper hospital, with chapel, was founded here before the time of Edward I. by the Bruyns.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brook Street from the following:
Online maps of Brook Street are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: