Belchamp St Paul, Essex
Belchamp-St-Paul, a parish in Essex, on the river Stour, 6 miles WNW of Sudbury, and 3 SE from Clare station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Clare (R.S.O.), which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 2554; population, 602. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £224, with residence, formerly in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's, but since 1870 in the gift of the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is very good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Belchamp St. Paul's St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Sudbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Belchamp St Paul from the following:
Online maps of Belchamp St Paul are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: