Asheldham, a parish in Essex, near the coast, 2 miles NE from Southminster station on the G.E.R., and 11 ESE of Maldon. Acreage, 1310; population, 180. The surface is low and partly marshy. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value, £338. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church is an ancient building of stone and flint, in the Decorated style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Asheldham St. Lawrence|
|Poor Law union||Maldon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Asheldham from the following:
Online maps of Asheldham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: