Aldborough Hatch, Essex
Aldborough Hatch, a chapelry in Ilford parish, Essex, 2 miles NE of Ilford station on the G.E.R., and 9 miles ENE of Bishopsgate. The famous Fairlop oak stood near it, 36 feet in girth of bole, and 300 feet in circumference of head. Hainault Forest, adjacent on the N, was part of the old great forests of the country. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value, £100 with residence. Patron, the Crown. A church was built in 1863. The post town is Ilford.
Online maps of Aldborough Hatch are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: