Archdeacon Newton, Durham
Archdeacon Newton, a township in Darlington parish, Durham, 3 miles NW of Darlington. It is chiefly the property of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, who are lords of the manor. Acreage, 1063; population, 52.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
|Poor Law union||Darlington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Archdeacon Newton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Newton, Archdeacon)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: