West Moors, Dorset
West Moors, a railway station in the E of Dorsetshire, on the L. & S.W.R, 105 miles from London, and 4 NNE of Wimborne Minster.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
West Moors was in Blandford Registration District from 1956 to 1956 and Poole Registration District from 1956 to 1974
Online maps of West Moors are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the Dorset County Chronicle and the Sherborne Mercury online.