West Milton, Dorset
Milton, West, a chapelry in Poorstock parish, Dorsetshire, on the river Asker, 1¼ mile W by N of Poorstock station on the G.W.R., and 8¼ miles NE by N of Bridport. Post town, Melplash (R.S.O.) Population, with Poorstock, 698. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Poorstock, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church was built in 1873.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Powerstock and West Milton, 1568-1812 is online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Milton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Milton, West)
- Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.
Online maps of West Milton are available from a number of sites: