Reforne, a village in Portland parish, Dorsetshire, 4 ½ miles S of Weymouth.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The parish register dates from the year 1766. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).
Church of England
St. George (parish church)
The parish church of St. George, erected in 1766, is a plain edifice of stone in the Classic style, and consists of apsidal chancel, nave, transepts, and a western tower with cupola containing one bell: a stained window was presented by Richard Lano esq. in 1878; by Order in Council all rites and powers of this church, with exception of burial services, have been transferred to the new parish church of Portland All Saints.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.