Kingston Lacy, Dorset
Kingston Lacy, a manor in Wimborne Minster parish, Dorsetshire, 2 miles NW of Wimborne. It contains the hamlets of Abbotstreet, Badbury, Barford, Barnesley, Cowgrove, Pamphill, and Stone. An urn with Roman coins was found at Pamphill in 1736. Kingston Hall is the seat of the Bankes family, was built in 1663 by Sir Ralph Bankes and restored by Barry, and contains a rich collection of pictures, numerous other works of art, and the key and seal of Corfe Castle, so remarkably defended by Lady Bankes.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Wimborne Minster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kingston Lacy from the following: