Faringdon, a chapelry in Iwerne Courtney parish, Dorsetshire, 6 ½ miles SSW of Shaftesbury. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Iwerne Courtney, in the diocese of Salisbury.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
Faringdon Chapel (parish church)
The chapel here is a small building possessing no architectural features of any significance, but contains a remarkable old font, and at the east end a memorial window, erected by Mrs. Cox to her husband, who died 1882
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the Dorset County Chronicle and the Sherborne Mercury online.
The Visitation of Dorset, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.