Easton, a village in Portland parish, Dorsetshire, 4 ½ miles S of Weymouth. See PORTLAND.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
All Saints (parish church)
The parish church of All Saints, at Easton, the erection of which was commenced in 1914 and completed in 1917, at a cost of £13,000, to replace the old parish church of St. George, built in 1766, was consecrated by the Bishop of Salisbury on May 6th, 1917. It is an edifice of Portland stone in the Perpendicular style, and consists of nave, chancel, transepts and a Lady chapel, the windows of which are stained representing the visit of the Magi, St. Andrew, St. Augustine, St. George and St. John; the great east window was beautifully stained at a cost of £380, in memory of those who fell in the Great War, 1914-18, and represents Our Lord's Ascension, and beneath this Axel Ender's picture of the Resurrection, the side lights comprising the Patriarchs, Prophets, Apostles and Martyrs. The chancel roof is a beautiful specimen of hand-painted panel work representing the 12 Signs of the Zodiac. The choir and clergy stalls are hand carved, representing the world of Creation and there are other carvings; the church will seat 650 persons.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.
Online maps of Easton are available from a number of sites: