East and West Orchard, Dorset
Orchard, East and West, two places in the SE of Dorsetshire, 1 mile SW of Corfe Castle.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
St. Thomas (parish church)
The parish church of St. Thomas, East Orchard, is a modern building of stone, in the Early English style, and comprises chancel, nave, south porch, and a western turret, containing one bell: the church will seat 150 people.
The register dates from the year 1785.
The church of West Orchard, (dedication unknown) was rebuilt, with the exception of the chancel, in 1878, and consists of chancel, nave, south porch, and a western turret containing 2 bells: it will seat 80 people.
The register dates from the year 1653.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.