Transcript of the description for West Stour from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

WEST STOUR, a village 5 miles W. from Sherborne, and 4 S.W. from Gillingham. The church is an ancient structure, the living of which is a curacy. The parish comprises 1820 acres, and had, in 1841, a population of 237. Post Office at Robert Godwin's. Letters come at 10 a.m., and are despatched at 4 p.m.

Benjafield Mr. Silas
Snook Mr. James
Toogood, Mrs. Martha
Ayles John, farmer
Belben William, dairyman
Ferrett Harry 'Ship '
Godwin Robert, maltster
Harding Henry, farmer
Hersent James, grocer, &c. dealer
Hoskins George, boot and shoe mkr.
Jukes John, farmer
Martin Edward, butcher
Meech Henry, farmer, Common hill
Rabbits George, farmer
Worthy William, farmer