Transcript of the description for West Parley from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

WEST PARLEY, a village about 5 miles S.E. from Wimborne. The living is a rectory. The parish comprises 3407 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 254.

Buller Rev. Henry John, Rectory
Barnes Elias, farmer
Cosser George, dairyman
Cripps Mrs. Sarah, farmer
Elliott Ethelbert, farmer
Horlock Edward, 'Horns'
Porter Edward, farmer
Porter William, farmer
Reeks George, farmer
Saunders William, blacksmith