Transcript of the description for West Orchard from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

WEST ORCHARD, a village and chapelry in the parish of Great Fontnell; it comprises 700 acres, and, in 1841, had a population of 157.

Farnham James, farmer
Hunt James, farmer
Lawrence Philip, blacksmith
Miles William, farmer
Jeffery Jane, farmer
Jeffery John, farmer
Seymour William, farmer
Tuffin Sarah, carpenter and baker