Transcript of the description for West Milton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

WEST MILTON, a village in the parish of Poorstock, 3¾ miles N.E. from Bridport. Population numbered with Poorstock.

Pitcher Mrs. Mary
Sheppard Mr. Richard
Brown Henry, grocery dealer
Chilcott John, yeoman
Chilcott William, farmer
Cousins Wm. basket mkr & coopr.
Daubney Charles, butcher
Guppy Absalom, poulterer
Hansford Edward, grocer & draper
Hansford Job, 'Red Lion' and butcher
Hansford Robert, miller & baker
Knight Robert, butcher
Legg Joseph, thatcher
Northover Edward, beer retailer
Palmer John, farmer
Sheppard John, farmer
Smith Thomas, thatcher
White James, dairyman