Transcript of the description for West Lulworth from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

WEST LULWORTH, a village 9 miles S.W. from Wareham. The church is a small and ancient structure, and the living is a curacy. The parish comprises about 3200 acres, and had, in 1841, a population of 407.

Chapman Thomas Andrew, esq.
Crispin Miss Eliza
Raines Capt. James, R.N.
Wood Rev. Edward Dix (curate)
Baker John, blacksmith
Barnes Samuel, farmer
Barnes William, farmer and miller
Beaton Ann and Rebecca (Misses) farmers, Burngate
Charles Henry, grocery dealer and shoe maker
Clarke Robert, tailor
Dorey Wilham, farmer
Mullett Charles, wheelwright
Parmiter Mary, frmr. St. Andrew's
Randall Edward, farmer
Randall William, 'Red Lion Inn' and farmer
Richards Elizabeth, 'Cove Inn'
Richards Henry, grocer
Roe Thomas, shoe maker
Runyard Ambrose, carpenter
Sercomb John, coast guard station
Trevess Thomas, shoemaker
Williams John, shoemaker
Winzar Thomas, 'Jolly Sailor'