Transcript of the description for West Chelborough from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
WEST CHELBOROUGH, a village 5 miles from Beaminster. The church is in the Gothic style, having a square tower, and the living is a rectory. The parish comprises 563 acres, and in 1841 it had 58 inhabitants.
Duncan Rev. Francis, A.M. Rectory
Barter Thomas, farmer
Crofts John, dairyman
Daw Christopher Gundry, farmer
Ellis John, farmer
Read Simon, farmer