Transcript of the description for Walditch from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

WALLDITCH, a village 1½ miles S.E. from Bridport. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and the living is a curacy. The parish comprises 280 acres, and had, in 1841, a population of 191.

Ackerman Henry, farmer
Ackerman John, carpenter
Ackerman Joseph, farmer
Fooks Charles, farmer
Gundry John, 'Blue Ball Inn'
Kerslake John, farmer
National School, Gregory Caroline, mistress
Samways Joseph, farmer
Stone Joseph, farmer
Stone Thomas, farmer