Transcript of the description for Tyneham from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
TYNEHAM, or West Tyneham, a village 6 miles W.S.W. from Corfe Castle, and 7 S.W. from Wareham. The church (St. Mary) consists of a nave and chancel; the living, a rectory, united with that of Steeple. The parish comprises 2840 acres, and had, in 1841, a population of 250.
Bond Misses J. and M. Tyneham house
Bond Rev. William, M.A. do.
Bond Thomas, esq. do.
House Rev. Thomas Hammond, (curate)
Coast Guard Station, Worbarrow, Lidderdale John, master
Cooper Joseph, farmer, Povington
Dugdale Robert, farmer
House Joseph, farmer
Hull William, farmer
Miller Joseph, grocer, Worbarrow
Smith George, farmer, North Egglestone
Spencer Thomas, beer retailer, Worbarrow
Tuck Jno. farmer, Povington