Transcript of the description for Toller Porcorum from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
TOLLER PORCORUM, a village 10 miles N.W. from Dorchester. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and the living is a vicarage. The parish, with the hamlets of Higher and Lower Kingcombe, comprises 3143 acres, and had, in 1841, 561 inhabitants.
Brown Rev. Christopher, B.A. (vicar)
Butler Mr. John
Pope Edward, esq.
Pope John, esq. Lower Kingcombe
Billen Sarah, beer retailer
Billen William, blacksmith
Churchill Saml. dairyman, Higher Kingcombe
Croft Thomas, farmer
Dare John, boot and shoe maker
Fooks Thomas Stone, miller
Free School, Dowle John, master
Fry Isaac, farmer, Woolcombe
Gale William, farmer, Woolcombe
Galpin Simeon, wheelwright
Galpin William, beer retailer
Gundry William, farmer, Higher Kingcombe
Hiscock, Thos. blacksmith, Lower Kingcombe
Hiscock Thomas, farmer
Keech Henry, tawer, &c.
Keach Simon Neal, dairyman, Lower Kingcombe
Legg Thomas, stone mason
Mintern Joseph, stone mason, Higher Kingcombe
Mitchell Theophilus, shoe maker
Morris Hichard, tailor
Neall Wm. farmer, Hr. Kingcombe
Notting William, farmer, do.
Saunders Joseph, grocer, &c.
Saunders Robert, farmer, do.
Smith John, dairyman
Wallbridge Thomas, farmer
Wallbridge Thos. jun. blacksmith
Ward John, dairyman, Higher Kingcombe
Way Thomas, farmer
Woodsford James, boot and shoe maker
Yeates George, tailor
Yeates John, dairyman, Frogmore
Yeates Joseph, farmer