Transcript of the description for Tincleton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

TINKLETON, or TINCLETON, a village 5½ miles N.E. from Dorchester. It has a new church, erected in the early English style; nearly opposite the sacred edifice is a new and neat school-house; both these structures were erected chiefly by the liberality of Charles C. Porcher, Esq. This gentleman has here a beautiful seat, called Clyffe house; it stands on an eminence about half a mile north from the church, and commands most agreeable prospects. The parish contained, in 1841, 187 inhabitants. Post Office, at Elizabeth Stocker's. Letters arrive at 8 a.m. and are despatched at 5 30 p.m.

Cotter Rev. Charles P. (curate)
Knipe Rev. Thomas W. (incumbent of Tincleton and rector of Woodsford) Woodsford
Porcher Charles, Esq. Clyffe house
Beasant Wm. wheelwright & smith
Bridle John, farmer
Crumpler Richd. boot & shoemaker
House Ellis, parish clerk
Parochial School, Manifold Eliza, mistress
Yearsley James, draper and grocer