Transcript of the description for Thornford from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

THORNFORD, a village 4 miles S.E. from Yeovil (Somerset), and 3½ S.W.S. from Sherborne. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, and the living is a rectory, a peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury. The parish contained, in 1841, 394 inhabitants.

Dampier Rev. Charles Robert, Rectory
Game Mrs. Rebecca
Abbott Henry, 'Boot Inn' & farmer
Andrews Hugh, farmer
Colley Robt. boot and shoemaker
Collis James, cattle dealer
Collis Thomas, farmer
Compton Henry William, farmer
Drake James, farmer
Dunford William, relieving officer
Fooks Charles, carpenter
Hellyar Edward, mason
Hellyar Henry, mason and grocer
Humber Andrew, blacksmith
Hunt Richard, shoemaker
Hunt William, parish clerk
Jeffery James, sheep dealer
Millar Thomas, carpenter
Roberts Charles, butcher
Roberts George, farmer
Russell John, farmer
Toms James, saddler
Toms Robert, cheese dealer
Tuck George, farmer
Vincent John, beer retailer