Transcript of the description for Tarrant Rushton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
TARRANT RUSHTON, a village 3½ miles E. from Blandford; its church (St. Mary) is a neat building, erected A.D. 1342. Living, a rectory. This parish contained, in 1841, 184 inhabitants.
Smith Rev. Francis, M.A. (rector)
Alexander George, parish clerk
Ford John, farmer
Miles William, bailiff
White James, grocer, &c.