Transcript of the description for Tarrant Monkton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

TARRANT MONKTON, once the site of a monastery, as its latter name implies; a village 4¼ miles E.N.E. from Blandford. The church (All Saints) is a plain structure, surmounted by an embattled tower; the living is a vicarage. This parish, in 1841, contained 246 inhabitants.

Butler John, farmer
Carter Ann, (Mrs.) grocer, &c.
Carter Lot, boot and shoemaker
Etty James, farmer
Fookes William, farmer
Garrett John, tailor
Goulding Richard, baker, &c.
Goulding Thomas, carpenter
Hill Thomas, farmer
Lilly William, boot and shoemaker
Spinney William, blacksmith
Vincent Joseph, bricklayer
Wheeler Thomas, farmer & grocer