Transcript of the description for Tarrant Keynston from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
TARRANT KEYNSTON, a village 3½ miles S.E. from Blandford. The church (All Saints) is an olden structure, having an embattled tower. Living, a rectory. The parish contained 334 inhabitants in 1841.
Austen Rev. Henry, M.A.
Austen Rev. John, M.A. (rector)
Clapcott George Bunter, esq.
Ansty Charles, bricklayer
Ansty James Frederick, farmer
Barnett Jas. boot and shoe maker
Haverstock William, farmer
Cook Isaac, boot and shoe maker
Dungey James, farmer
Goobey Charles, butcher
Goobey Thomas, grocery, &c. dealer
Hatcher Wm. 'True Lover's knot'
Pike Francis H. carpenter, &c.
Randall Isaac, miller and farmer
Rimand William, blacksmith, &c.
Scott Amelia, mistress of National School