Transcript of the description for Tarrant Hinton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

TARRANT HINTON, a village 4½ miles N.E. from Blandford. Its church is a neat building, in the perpendicu1ar style. Living a rectory. The parish contained, in 1841, 278 inhabitants.

Chamin Mr Edward
Saunders Mrs. Leonora
Saunders Rev. Cossley Diggle, (rector)
Adams Harriet, beer retailer
Benskin Henry, training groom
Butler William, baker and grocer
Goodwin Philip, farmer
Green Henry, builder and 'Farquharson's Arms'
Hardiman John, parish clerk
Hill George, farmer
Hill James, farmer
Hill Philip, farm bailiff
Meader Frederick, baker & grocer
Miles Thomas, farmer
West Sansom, bricklayer
Wheeler Henry, blacksmith