Transcript of the description for Tarrant Gunville from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
TARRANT GUNVILLE, a village 6 miles N.E. from Blandford. The church (St. Mary), lately repaired and embellished, is a neat building, having a square embattled tower. Living, a rectory. The parish contained, in 1841, 518 inhabitants, Post-office at William Arnold's. Letters come at 1 30 a.m. and are despatched at 6 15 p.m.
Watts Rev. John (rector)
Ames Frampton, baker, &c.
Ames Humphrey, tailor
Arnold William, baker and grocer
Bungay William, boot & shoe mkr.
Burge George, 'Bugle Horn'
Carter George, saddler
Dibben Richard, farmer
Fanner James, beer retailer
Harding Mrs. boot and shoe maker
Hill Harry, farmer
Prince George, beer retailer
Ridout Ephraim, baker and grocer
Spinney Thomas, blacksmith
Wareham Joseph, farmer