Transcript of the description for Sutton Waldron from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

SUTTON WALDREN, a village 5½ miles S. from Shaftesbury. It contains a neat church, erected in 1847, at the entire cost of the present vicar; the site was presented by H. C. Sturt, esq.; it is a pretty structure in the decorated or early English style. The parish comprises 1190 acres, and the population, in 1841, was 251.

Huxtable Rev. Anthony, M.A. vicar
Applin James, farmer
Bartlett Samuel, market gardener
Cookman James, market gardener
Eason George, dairyman
Monckton Jeremiah, farmer
National School, Pope Charles Henry, master
Shute William, dairyman
Spicer Maria, grocery, &c. dealer
Tuffen Thomas, baker and grocer