Transcript of the description for Studland from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
STUDLAND, a village 6 miles N.E. from Corfe Castle, and 3 N. from Swanage. Living a rectory. The parish comprises 3800 acres, and had in 1841, a population of 453.
Bankes George, Esq. M.P. Manor house
Turner Rev. Richard Chas. (rector)
Coke John, grocery, &c. dealer
Edmunds Thomas, carpenter
Galpin John, farmer
Gotobed John, 'Haven House' South Haven
Harlock Joseph, farmer
Lawrence James, blacksmith
Lawrence Wm. 'Wellington Inn'
Rennison John, shoemaker