Transcript of the description for Stourpaine from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

STOURPAINE, a village 3 miles W.N.W. from Blandford. The church (Holy Trinity) is an ancient building in the Gothic style; the living being a vicarage. The parish contained in 1841, 637 inhabitants.

Bastard Mrs.
Ingram Mr. Henry
Ball Thomas, beer retailer
Ballam William, carpenter, &c.
Barnett James, grocery dealer, &c.
Barrett John, farmer
Brockway William, bricklayer
Cole John, farmer
Cole John, jun. farmer
Cole Mrs. farmer
Hallett Joseph, farmer, Ash
Hare John, master of National schl.
James Thomas, bricklayer
Kerley Samuel, butcher
Lewis Robert, farmer, Ash
Moore John, grocery, &c. dealer
Seager George, carpenter, &c.
Seager John, baker
Seager Joseph, grocery, &c. dealer
Spinney Thomas, blacksmith
Upward Charles, tailor
Young Robert, painter