Transcript of the description for Stockwood from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
STOCKWOOD, or STOKEWOOD, a village 8 miles S.W. from Sherborne. The church is dedicated to St. Edward, and the living is a rectory. The parish contained 28 inhabitants in 1841.
Ayres Rev. Thomas, (rector)
Dixon Henry, esq.
Vigar George, farmer and butcher
Wilton Jonathan, blacksmith