Transcript of the description for Stock Gaylard from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

STOCK GAYLARD, alias Stoke, a village 4 miles S.W. from Sturminster-Newton and 14 N.W. from Blandford. The church is a small and very ancient edifice, situated in the park at Stock House; the living is a rectory. The parish comprises 849 acres, and had in 1841, 60 inhabitants.

Yeatman Rev. Harry Farr, LL.B. Stock house
Coffin James, parish clerk
Free School, mistress Hodder Judith
Gatehouse John, farmer
Gould William, farmer
Rowe Thos. brick and tile maker
Wiltshire Thomas, farmer