Transcript of the description for Stinsford from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
STINSFORD, a village 2 miles E. from Dorchester. The church, surrounded by venerable trees, is a neat edifice, with an ivy-mantled tower. The living is a rectory. Stinsford House, a beautiful mansion, is the seat of H. Williams, esq., and Kingston House, another noble structure, that of F. B. P. Martin, esq. At Bockhampton is a parochial school. The parish, comprising 1999 acres, had in 1841 a population of 392. Post Office, Bockhampton, at Christiana Coward's. Letters arrive at 7 a.m. and are despatched at 5 30 p.m.
Martin Francis Pitney, esq. Kingston house
Shirley Rev. Arthur George S. M.A. (vicar of Stinsford)
Williams Herbert, esq. Stinsford house
Cake James, farmer
Chamberlain John, shoemaker, Bockhampton
Cox John, registrar of births and deaths, Higher Bockhampton
Dart John, shoemaker, Bockhampton
Harding Stephen Toghill, farmer, Stinsford farm
Keats Thos. Higher Bockhampton.
Keats Wm. Higher Bockhampton.
Lock Thos. farmer, Higher Kingston
Moors Jas. blacksmith, &c. Bockhampton
Mortishead Joseph, mail guard, Bockhampton
Parochial School, Horsman John, master, Horsman Martha, mistress
Singer George, bailiff to F. B. P. Martin, esq.