Transcript of the description for Steeple from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

STEEPLE, a village about 5 miles S.S.W. from Wareham and 3½ S.W. from Corfe castle. The church (St. Michael) has a nave, chancel and a small aisle at east end, and another at the south; the living is a rectory united with that of Tyneham. Grange house, the seat of the Rev. N. Bond, is a noble mansion of the Elizabethian era; this gentleman is the chief landed proprietor here. The parish comprises about 3900 acres, population, in 1841, 272.

Bond Rev. Nathl. M.A. the Grange
Bridge William, farmer
Cure William, blacksmith, Grange
Millidge, Rd. carpenter, Grange
Mowlem, John, farmer, Steeple leaze
Reeks Joseph, farmer, West Creech
Symes John and Robert, farmers, Blackmanstone
Willis Joseph, farmer, Lutton farm