Transcript of the description for Stanton St Gabriel from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

STANTON St. GABRIEL, a village 4 miles S.W. from Bridport. A chapel of ease has lately been built; the living is a perpetual curacy united to that of Whitchurch Canonicorum. The chapelry comprises 1052 acres, and had in 1841, 106 inhabitants.

Barrett Robert, farmer
Brown Henry, farmer
Bussell John, dairyman
Fooks Robert, farmer
Harris John, farmer
National School, Miss Miller mistress
Powell Charles, farmer
Powell Amy (Mrs.) farmer
White Thomas, farmer